Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Can you blame me.. (Fiction)

When I first saw him at the pet store in a small little cage cuddled up in a corner, he looked like bundle of cotton. Suddenly this bundle of joy was up and running towards us. That naughty little cuddly face reached out to lick my extended palms which send an electric shock up my spine. I knew I had fallen in love. The shriek of excitement from my baby daughter who was near me, made it clear that that she shared the same sentiments.

We took him home with no hesitation. Soon he became a part of our family. The perfect companion for my daughter, the one I look forward to meet when I return home.

He is so quiet and gentle. He barks a bit when he feels ignored. Even that is so gentle and it doesn’t irk me at all.

He runs to me in the morning when he sees my eyes open. He is out with me when I go to make my morning coffee.

He tags along with me all around the house. He waits outside the loo patiently till I am out and he is beside us when we sit down for a round of loo.

He jumps up and runs to me any time I call, irrespective of what he is doing. He is too happy to put his affectionate face on my lap and be there till I tell him to buzz off.

He gets excited when some bitches passes by. But if I call he is back to me with a sheepish grin.

When I am angry I shout a bit. But never does he shout back.

Even if I kick him in anger (which I will never do) I know he will not hold it against me.

He doesn’t spend the whole day in office. He is always there when I call him.

He doesn’t go out gallivanting with friends. He is happy to come out with me any time I want or anywhere I want.

He protests, but doesn’t make an issue when I want to be out with my friends.

He doesn’t go for binges or stag parties leaving me alone at home.

He is not too finicky about food. No complaints on what is cooked at home.

He looks so handsome and that make my friends jealous.

Can you blame me for caring for my dog more than my husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment